Google+

MORE Animation Jobs - “Avatar the Last Airbender” is Hiring

More job announcements -- Looks like things are heating up in animation production! Here’s the latest hiring news as cut-n-pasted from the Animation Guild job hotline: 
Nickelodeon


Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for several artists for its newest show, tentatively titled, Untitled Avatar the Last Airbender Project!
We are looking for one, or multiple, of the following:
Please Note: Because these are artistic positions, a test will be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must submit your resume online at www.mtvnetworkscareers.com. You may also click on the linksabove for particular jobs. The listing is filed under Location: Burbank. Please follow up by submitting a flat book portfolio (do not include any original artwork) and a digital DVD displaying your art directly to the animation studio.  Before we can review your portfolio, you must fill-out a portfolio release form. 

To download the form, please go to: http://nas.nick.com/SubmissionReleaseForm.pdf.  

Mail in, or drop off, the completed form along with your portfolio and DVD to:
Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Attn. Portfolio Submissions
231 West Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502

Please include a cover letter and resume stating the position or positions to which you are applying.
Please Note: We would like to fill these positions ASAP! Get your work in as soon as you can; the reviews will be happening shortly.
--------------------------------------------
As usual, this is all the info I have, and I'm just passing it along -- there's contact information at the bottom of the listing. Good luck!
------------------------------
Update: Nickelodeon is now claiming they made a "mistake" regarding the name of their new "Avatar" project. It's not called "Avatar The Last Airbender"...it's uh, something ELSE. Yeah, that's it! Oops! Apparently somebody spilt the beans.

8 comments:

Yamino said...

Thanks for the info! I'm putting together an application right now.

Any idea when the due date for applications is? It would be nice to know if I have at least a week to make some new drawings. Thanks again!

Kirstin315 said...

are they accepting interns!? I so wanna do this but I'm a second year animation major

Sherm said...

Hi Kirsten -- I know that whenever I was working at Nickelodeon we regularly had interns working with us. Hopefully, they still have an internship program. Best thing to do is simply call the front desk at 818-736-3000 and ask for information about the internship program, or you can ask to speak to the studio recruiter.

A lot of people don't realize that you can simply call up the studios and ask them what you need to know. Before I ever got into animation, I never even considered calling up the studios -- and that mistake cost me more than a few years!

Anonymous said...

All I see online are jobs for artists, but how would someone get involved with the writing side of the new Avatar project?

Sherm said...

Anonymous: You can always call the Nickelodeon front desk at 818-736-3000 and ask to speak to the studio recruiter. They're there to find people, including writers. Really! Give 'em a call and let me know what they say ^_^

Jeff H. said...

Well if anyone gets more word, let sites like Animation Insider know of this seeing they were more indepth of this latest news, as Avatar fans would be very excited on this as well many who have written Fan Fictions about the future of the series.

Taylor Wilkie said...

That's awesome to hear that Nickelodeon is hiring for a new Avatar The Last Airbender project.
I would like to do whatever I can to help. I know Avatar The Last Airbender means a lot to so many people and I'm sure lots of fans are interested in the jobs but I believe that I am a careful editor and would love to lend any talents; carpentry, animation, sketches, ideas, history, even surfing knowledge and the experience I've had digging holes and building fires to the project.
I have watched all three books many times and discussed in depth story details that are hidden throughout the show. I've studied the world map as it is shown in several episodes as well as the opening credits and I'm certain on the geographic locations of many places in the world. Much of the spiritual element of the show is present within the storyline and It is important to keep the many legends,events, and characters in mind when watching each episode even if those specific things aren't present in every episode.
Avatar The Last Airbender has been a big motivational force in my life and helped my family and I to achieve a common bond. I am proud to say that this is the best story; animated or otherwise.
I know my destiny is to help restore balance to the world and if I help here I would be honored.

Christine said...

Ahhhh!!! I would love to work on Avatar!!!! I seriously love that show. I barely graduated a year ago but I don't think I'm good enough to qualify for those positions. Would there possibly be any entry jobs or assitant jobs!? haha...ohh I should really call!